Project Name: VR Platform for Hazardous Chemical Management (ETKİ-VR)
- BYS GRUP BİLİŞİM SİSTEMLERİ DANIŞMANLIK TİCARET VE SANAYİ LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ (Türkiye)
- DAYSOFT BİLİŞİM MÜHENDİSLİK ELEKTRONİK SANAYİ VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ (Türkiye)
- PROSCON MÜHENDİSLİK SANAYİ VE TİCARET ANONİM ŞİRKETİ (Türkiye)
Project Description: ETKİ-VR is a virtual reality platform that consists of modules to measure and improve the competencies of the groups that manage the activities such as production, storage, maintenance and engineering in the institutions that deals with dangerous chemicals.
Aim of the Project: Humankind has accelerated its industrialisation to fulfil its needs and increase its welfare. This led to increased production and decreased costs, along with industrial hazards and technological disasters.
The increase in the industrial risks has led to process accidents caused by dangerous chemicals. According to the research, it is seen that a great majority of these accidents have been caused by human error. Process safety aims to prevent the deaths as well as commercial and environmental losses by averting the accidents.
The technological developments in the fields of virtual reality and augmented reality in the world and our country will allow the human resources in the relevant sectors to experience what needs to be done before and during chemical hazards.
Innovative Aspects of the Project: Our solution can be considered innovative due to the utilisation of the methods mentioned below.
- Allowing practices on subjects that were previously unpracticable
- Dynamic platform
- Laying down the foundation for multiple projects
- Modular design – each facility can prepare its own unique solution
- Tracing of personal gains
- Establishing the competition environment
- Preparation of game-based training material
- Processing of statistical data
Results: The end result of the project is to create the "ETKİ – VR", which is comprised of modules to evaluate and improve the competencies of groups that manage various activities such as manufacturing, storage, maintenance and engineering in institutions dealing with dangerous chemicals.
- Raising awareness within administration and human resources
- Gaining experience in virtual environment
- Increasing the competencies of the employees
- Creating a training curriculum on the subject
- Creating solutions that will establish a competitive environment among the companies
- Creating a game-based learning environment
- Trainees gaining ETKİ-VR scores within the training